Minnesota State Lottery
Players Club Contest
February 1 – February 15, 2017
“Road Trip with the Wolves”
1. To enter, you must: a) be a registered member of the Minnesota State Lottery (“the Lottery”) Players Club and logged in at www.mnlottery.com; b) have completed the full address portion, including zip code, of the sign up area in order to have the prize mailed to you; c) have a Players Club registration address within Minnesota or one of the four states bordering Minnesota (North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa or Wisconsin); d) answer a question in the Players Club Road Trip with the Wolves promotion between 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on February 1, 2017 and 11:59:59 p.m. CT on February 15, 2017 (answer selected does not have any bearing on the contest outcome); and e) be at least 18 years of age. You may only enter once.
2. Employees (including immediate family residing in the same household) of the Lottery, employees (including immediate family residing in the same household) of any company that is not eligible to receive a prize from the Lottery pursuant to a contract with the Lottery, and all persons prohibited by law, are ineligible to participate or receive a prize from this drawing.
3. Employees of the Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx (the “Timberwolves”), its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and employees of each (collectively “Sponsor”) and the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”) and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., (collectively, the “NBA Entities”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees or agents, marketing agencies, and their immediate families, including any non-family members that reside at their personal residence (all together, the “Released Parties”), are not eligible to redeem.
4. Eligibility will be determined by the Lottery.
5. The winner will be drawn at random at Lottery Headquarters by a Lottery representative on or about February 16, 2017 from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via email. The name and the city of the winner will be posted on mnlottery.com following winner verification.
6. One (1) prize will be awarded. The winner will receive round trip airfare for two from Minneapolis to Portland, Oregon; ground transportation; deluxe accommodation for one (1) night in Portland; two (2) Timberwolves vs Trailblazers game tickets; $150 gift card. The prize is valued at approximately $2980. The Lottery reserves the right to substitute prizes based on availability.
7. By participating, winner and participant agree to release and hold harmless the Lottery and the Released Parties from any injury, loss, or damage to person, including death, or property due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance or use/misuse of the ticket, participating in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Road Trip with the Wolves Sweepstakes. The Lottery, Timberwolves and NBA are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes or the administration therein.
If for any reason the Lottery or the Timberwolves are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike (including, but not limited to, by NBA players, owners or referees), act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, the Lottery or the Timberwolves shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation.
6. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes participant’s and winner’s consent to the Lottery, the Timberwolves, NBA and NBA Entities, its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates use of such person’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes anywhere and in any manner or media, without further payment, consideration, consent or right of review or approval.
7. The winner will be contacted at the phone number and email address provided in their member information. If the Lottery is unable to contact the winner within 3 days of the drawing, the Lottery may declare the prize forfeited by the winner and the winner will have no further right to the prize. By entering this contest, the winner consents to the full use of their name and city for publicity and public relations purposes. The winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, and appropriate releases and authorizations. Refusal to do so may result in forfeiture of any prize won.
8. The person whose entry was selected to win the Road Trip with the Wolves in the “Road Trip with the Wolves” Drawing must fill out a claim form and submit it to the Minnesota Lottery within seven (7) days after the person is notified that they have been selected in a “Road Trip with the Wolves” Drawing. If the claim form is not submitted within the required time period, any prize won during the “Road Trip with the Wolves” Contest in which the player is otherwise eligible is forfeited by the player, the player has no further right to the prize, and the Minnesota Lottery may award the prize to another player.
If the claim is validated by the Lottery, and the apparent winner meets all other eligibility requirements, the prize will be awarded to the player. In the event that the claim is not validated by the Lottery, the claim shall be denied and the player shall be notified immediately. If a prize winner is delinquent in the payment of state taxes or owes a debt as defined in Minnesota Statutes §270A.03, subdivision 5, the amount due will be deducted from the cash value of the prize. If the cash portion of the prize is not sufficient to settle the debt, and any debt owed cannot be deducted from the value of the Road Trip with the Wolves, a person selected to win the Road Trip who is delinquent in the payment of state taxes or owes a debt as described herein, will be deemed ineligible to win the Road Trip and the Lottery will go the second entry selected to determine whether the individual selected is eligible to win the Road Trip. This process will continue until the individual selected is determined to be eligible to receive the Road Trip.
9. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of entries.
10. The prizes are not exchangeable or otherwise transferable. Federal, state or local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All applicable federal, state or local laws apply. Void where prohibited by law.
11. The official dates of this promotion are February 1, 2017 through February 15, 2017. Promotion questions may be referred to MSL at (651) 635-8273, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. All decisions by the Lottery are final, binding and conclusive in all matters. This promotion may be terminated at any time by the Lottery. These promotion rules may be amended.