MINNESOTA STATE LOTTERY
PLAYERS CLUB CONTEST
December 21, 2017–January 17, 2018
“Gopher Hockey Border Battle”
1. To enter and be eligible to win, a player must: a) be a registered member of the Minnesota State Lottery Players Club and logged in at mnlottery.com; b) have completed the full address portion with their complete U.S. Postal Service mailing address, including zip code, in the sign-up area (to be used for receipt of any prize won); c) have a Players Club registration address within Minnesota or one of the four states bordering Minnesota (North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, or Wisconsin); d) answer a question in the Players Club “Gopher Hockey Border Battle” promotion between 12:00:00 a.m. on December 21, 2017 and 11:59:59 p.m. on January 17, 2018 (answer selected has no bearing on the contest outcome); and e) be 18 years of age or older.
2. Each player may enter only once.
3. Employees (including immediate family residing in the same household) of the Minnesota State Lottery (the “Lottery”), employees (including immediate family residing in the same household) of any company that is not eligible to receive a prize from the Lottery pursuant to law or a contract with the Lottery, and all other persons prohibited by law are ineligible to participate and receive a prize from this Players Club Contest Gopher Hockey Border Battle drawing. Winners will be selected and eligibility determined by the Lottery. The decision is final, binding, and conclusive in all matters.
4. The prize winners will be drawn at random from all eligible entries at Lottery Headquarters by a Lottery representative on or about January 18, 2018. The prizewinners will be notified via email. The name and the city of the prizewinner will be posted on mnlottery.com following prizewinner verification.
5. The Lottery will conduct one (1) drawing.
The first prizewinner drawn will receive the Grand Prize in the Gopher Hockey Border Battle. The Grand Prize shall consist of two (2) tickets to the Minnesota Gophers vs University of Wisconsin Hockey games in Madison, WI on February 9 and 10, 2018. The Grand Prize includes one (1) night hotel stay for two, game tickets, a $100 Visa® gift card, and Gopher gear. The Grand Prizewinner, designee(s), or guest must have a valid credit card or will be required to post a cash deposit for incidentals in order to check in to the hotel. The Lottery will not be responsible for charges or damages incurred by any prizewinner or guest. A University of Minnesota representative will contact the prizewinner to complete travel arrangements and documents. A proxy may be selected and sent by the prizewinner if the prizewinner is unable to travel. Prize is valued at approximately $750.
The next twenty (20) prizewinners will each receive one (1) Gopher 5 sweatshirt and one (1) A Latte Cash Minnesota Lottery scratch ticket. Each prize is valued at approximately $12.00. If any prizewinner resides outside of Minnesota, their scratch ticket prize will be converted to a can coozie. No cash alternatives will be awarded. The Lottery reserves the right to substitute prizes based on availability. One winner per household.
6. The Grand Prizewinner must fill out a claim form and submit it to the Lottery within ten (10) days after the person is notified that their entry was selected in the “Gopher Hockey Border Battle” drawing. If the claim form is not submitted within the required time period, any prize won during the “Gopher Hockey Border Battle” contest in which the player is otherwise eligible is forfeited by the player, the player has no further right to the prize, and the Lottery may award the prize to another player.
If the claim is validated by the Lottery and the apparent prizewinner meets all other eligibility requirements, the prize will be awarded to the player. In the event that the claim is not validated by the Lottery, the claim will be denied and the player will be notified immediately. If a prizewinner is delinquent in the payment of state taxes or owes a debt as defined in Minn. Stat. § 270A.03, subd. 5, the amount due will be deducted from the cash value of the prize. If the cash portion of the prize is not sufficient to settle the debt, and any debt owed cannot be deducted from the value of the Border Battle prize, a person selected to win the “Gopher Hockey Border Battle” contest who is delinquent in the payment of state taxes or owes a debt as described herein, will be deemed ineligible to win the “Gopher Hockey Border Battle” and the Lottery will determine if the player who entered the second entry selected is eligible to win the “Gopher Hockey Border Battle.” This process will continue until the individual selected is determined to be eligible to receive the prize.
7. By entering this contest, prizewinners consent to full use of any and all information they provide on the entry form for publicity, public relations, and content creation purposes, including on the Lottery’s social media channels and mnlottery.com, by the Lottery. Prizewinners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility form and appropriate releases and authorizations. Refusal to do so may result in forfeiture of any prize won.
8. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of entries received.
9. A prize won may not be assigned or transferred to another person except as described in these rules. Federal, state, or local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. All applicable federal, state, or local laws apply. Void where prohibited by law.
10. The official dates of this promotion are December 19, 2017, through January 17, 2018. Promotion questions may be referred to the Lottery at (651) 635-8273, option 2, or to email@example.com.
11. If, for any reason it is not possible to run all or any part of the Players Club “Gopher Hockey Border Battle” promotion as planned due to, without limitation, errors in these official rules or advertising for this contest, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other cause beyond the control of the Lottery that, in the sole judgement of the Lottery, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, the Lottery reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest.