Powerball: It’s always big
Powerball is America’s favorite game for a reason—millions upon millions of reasons, actually. Jackpots start at $40 million but can grow to hundreds of millions or more. Tickets are $2. Join in on the fun!
Changes to Powerball as of Oct. 4, 2015
- Overall odds changed from 1 in 31.8 to 1 in 24.9!
- Players choose five white balls from a pool of 69 and one red ball from a pool of 26 (ten additional white balls and nine fewer red balls).
- The prize for matching 4 numbers plus the Powerball has increased from $10,000 to $50,000!
- In addition to the 2X, 3X, 4X and 5X multipliers, Power Play will periodically have a limited promotional multiplier of 10X.
Get a Ticket
How to Play
Annuity vs. Cash
Last Big Winner
Prizes and Odds of Winning
|5 of 5 + Powerball||JACKPOT*||1 in 292,201,338|
|5 of 5 numbers||$1,000,000||1 in 11,688,054|
|4 of 5 + Powerball||$50,000||1 in 913,129|
|4 of 5 numbers||$100||1 in 36,525|
|3 of 5 + Powerball||$100||1 in 14,494|
|3 of 5 numbers||$7||1 in 580|
|2 of 5 + Powerball||$7||1 in 701|
|1 of 5 + Powerball||$4||1 in 92|
|Powerball ONLY||$4||1 in 38|
* The jackpot prize will be divided equally among all winning jackpot prize tickets.
Overall odds of winning a Powerball prize are approximately 1 in 24.9. Odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are approximately 1 in 292.2 million.
The set prize amounts listed above are based on the expected number of winners sharing in the prize pool. In some cases, these prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and will be lower than these listed prize levels. Refer to the official game procedures for a detailed explanation of the optional pari-mutuel payment. The jackpot prize will be divided equally among all players who correctly match all 5 white balls plus the red Powerball.
Lotto game tickets must be claimed within one year of drawing date.